The Institute of Myanmar Studies at Yunnan University and the Center for China's Neighbor Diplomacy Studies at Yunnan University plan to host the 10th Myanmar annual situation and China-Myanmar relations seminar in mid-to-late December in Kunming, capital of Southwest China's Yunnan province. The national Myanmar research youth forum will be held for the first time, aiming to provide an academic exchange platform for young scholars engaged in Myanmar research and provide support for them. Details about the event are as follows:
1. The forum emphasizes multi-disciplinary perspectives and methods. Young scholars with different academic backgrounds -- such as history, political science, sociology, anthropology and linguistics -- are welcome to join.
2. Young teachers, researchers, postdoctoral students and doctoral and postgraduate students who are interested in Myanmar research are welcome to submit their papers. The forum accepts unofficially published papers written in Chinese, English or Burmese. The number of words should be between 8,000 and 15,000. For the suitable format, please refer to the requirements of the Yunnan University Area Studies.
3. Please send the registration receipt to the organizers before Aug 31 (see attachment). The deadline for submission of papers is Oct 31. We will organize experts to review the papers and announce the results of the selection as soon as possible, after which we will send a formal invitation letter to the authors of the selected papers. The number of accepted papers for this forum is about 15.
4. The organizers will invite well-known scholars in the field of Myanmar research to provide professional comments on selected papers. Excellent papers will be given priority to be published in Yunnan University Area Studies and the Annual Report on Myanmar's National Situation and will also be recommended for publication in relevant domestic academic journals.
5. The organizers will fully fund the round-trip transportation and board and lodging expenses for the authors of the selected papers.
Contacts: Teacher Qian and Teacher Ma
Tel for consultation: 0871-65032027
E-mail for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Myanmar Studies at Yunnan University
Center for China's Neighbor Diplomacy Studies at Yunnan University
May 19, 2020